Methods of producing carbon nanoparticles
Research Field: Material/Carbon nanostructure
Content of research:
Typically, the palm fronds can be carbonized at around 400 C, then ball milled for several hours, then dispersing the milled powder in a liquid to form a suspension; sonicating the suspension to form the ultra-fine carbon nanoparticles; and collecting the carbon nanoparticles. Activation can be done chemically by using NaOH or physically using CO2 or steam.Six products can be produced, which are:
- Carbonized date palms powder micro size powder (simple grinding).
- Ball milled powder (Ball milling for 8-12 h to get a mixture of sub micro and nanosized particles).
- Ball milled-sonicated powder (Ball milling for 8-12 h and sonicated for 2-3 h to get Ultrafine nanoparticles).
- Activated carbon of carbonized micro size powder (Chemically activated by NaOH, or physically by CO2 or steam).
- Activated carbon of ball milled carbonized nanoparticle powder (Chemically activated by NaOH, or physically by CO2 or steam)..
- Activated ultrafine carbon nanoparticles (Chemically activated by NaOH, or physically by CO2 or steam).